ESO Mod is a simple tool designed to expose some of the (so far camera/graphical) settings that are otherwise unavailable in The Elder Scrolls Online. It was inspired by ESO Launcher (by Sorien) which is an excellent alternative to this tool, but I wanted to release an open source variant and also to extend the functionality even further. Unfortunately my tool isn’t as user-friendly as Sorien’s, but I will improve that if there’s sufficient demand.
- Set field of view
- Set max camera zoom distance
- Set tone mapping type (a.k.a shader filters)
- Set min/max/current view distance
- Set current time (e.g. change from day to night)
- Toggle fog
- Toggle 3D
- Toggle fader (a.k.a. force high quality models)
- Works on both the live and PTS clients
- Nothing really yet. Whatever else people suggest and I feel like investigating.
This tool will not run the game for you, so ensure the game is running before attempting to use it. If a ‘launcher’ style of functionality is desirable please let me know and I will consider support that.
- Download the latest release and extract it anywhere (preferably into its own folder – to prevent it picking up the wrong DLLs – but not required).
- Open a command prompt window (cmd.exe) and navigate to the directory containing the tool (alternatively hold shift and right click on the directory in Explorer and use “Open command window here”).
- Run “esomod.exe –help” (or “esomod.exe -h”) to print the help and get a list of commands.
- Run ESO Mod again with the options you desire (e.g. “esomod.exe –max-view-dist 4.5 –view-dist 4.5 –max-camera-dist 20 –fov 65 –fog” to increase the maximum view distance, set the current view distance to the new maximum, increase the max camera zoom distance, and toggle the fog).
You typically should not need to run this tool as admin unless you’re also running ESO as admin (which you normally should not do).
If you get errors about missing CRT DLLs you probably need to download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 (I recommend installing both the x86 and x64 flavours, but only the x86 flavour is required in order for ESO Mod to function).
Please note that for technical reasons XP is unsupported, and this tool will not even load on it. It could be made to work, but it involves work which I’m not at all interested in doing given that XP is EOL.
(Please note that if a new patch is out and this isn’t updated yet then don’t assume it won’t work, it should continue to function without updates for most patches.)
20140603-2259: Initial release.
20141123-2355: Update for eso.live.184.108.40.2063508. Fixes FoV mod.
20141227-0034: Update for eso.live.220.127.116.111867. Fixes ‘fog’ and ‘fader’.
Feature requests, bug reports, code patches, interesting memory addresses, etc: I can be contacted through on a variety of mediums, but probably the best for this would be either the hadesmem project issue tracker or directly via email (email@example.com).
Anything else: Email me. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This is a personal project and is not endorsed by my employer.
Project released under the MIT license.
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2012-2014 Joshua Boyce
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
“Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included
in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY
CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE
SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.